Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Costumes

This year I made my youngest brother into an alien/bug and I made my other younger brother a strait jacket. First, here's the strait jacket-


Front^



Back^ I actually made this last year for him but her wore it again this year. I used this tutorial- Strait Jacket Tutorial from ThreadBanger
I changed it a little bit because I didn't have enough money for all those belts. Instead I made thick straps with fabric, painted them brown, and then secured them with D-rings.


Next my youngest brother's costume-


Him acting 'scary' ^

From the back, his wings/exoskeleton^

From the front^

And him acting goofy, again from the front^

I used and XXL green shirt from the thrift store and added green spray painted bubble wrap for a chest plate type thing, then I took some old pants of his and hot glued green spray painted bubble wrap all over them so they were completely covered for alien-like legs. Next I took a big piece of cardboard and tore off a little of the first layer so that it had a nice texture to it, then painted it green and added a little bubble wrap and yellow paint for details. His antennae are just green pipe cleaners with a little green bubble wrap tied to the end that I attached to a headband. And for the arms, I just two tentacle shaped bubble wrap pieces, painted them green and hot glued them together and he just wore them like gloves.

When I took him out trick-or-treating and people asked what he was, he always said he was 'A Bug Eyed Death Alien from Mars.' that always gave people a good laugh :-)
Also people would say he had the most creative costume they'd seen all night and 5 or 6 people actually gave him extra candy because of it. It made me feel really awesome.

Anyway that's all for now =)





~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment